How You Can Make A Difference Today!
Financial Gifts Are The Best Way To Help!
· FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO VOLUNTARY AGENCIES RESPONDING TO DISASTERS IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO HELP
· Cash allows disaster agencies to purchase exactly what is needed
· Member agencies of South Dakota Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster do not promote one charity over another. Please donate to a charity of your choice
· DO NOT GO TO THE SCENE OF THE DISASTER
· The arrival of unexpected volunteers will interfere with response efforts
· STAY SAFE by volunteering with a reputable agency!
· Volunteers will be needed most during the recovery phase. Please be patient and WAIT until relief agencies can train you and use your help
· Donate ONLY those things that are requested by officials and bring them to the official designated collection centers
· Items not needed may go to waste and get in the way of relief efforts
Other Ways To Help
· Hold a yard sale or put on a fund-raising event and donate money raised to a voluntary organization responding to this disaster
· Have you already collected goods but can’t find an agency that needs them? Donate items to a local charitable agency