- Membership Info
- Requirements for EOC precence and Access to Web EOC
- Pine Ridge Long Term Recovery
- How to Help
The South Dakota VOAD is the forum where organizations share knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle—preparation,response and recovery—to help disaster survivors and their communities.
Members of the South Dakota VOAD form a coalition of nonprofit organizations that respond to disasters as part of their overall mission.
· Our commitment to caring and compassion for all people is the foundation for all we do.
· A coordinated, inclusive approach provides the basis for a nurturing environment in which disaster response agencies will flourish.
· The quest for excellence in South Dakota VOAD programs by encouraging best practices and mutual accountability results in operational synergy.
· Our work will be accomplished in a respectful, non-judgmental, and non-discriminatory manner.
· Trust, mutual respect, and equal partnerships of community service providers are essential elements of our work.
· Providing hope – making a difference – offering opportunities for true collaboration - are the lifeblood and soul of the organization.
Thanks to the leadership of many SDVOAD organizations during the Delmont Tornado of 2015, over $767,020 was received from grants, in kind donations, and volunteers. Over 18,000 volunteer hours were provided to assist those in need!
News and Events
South Dakota Emergency Management Conference
The annual SDEMA Conference is held in Septermber of each year. This year’s conference is shaping up to be a great time. We hope to see everyone there!
Questions? Please contact Randy Hartmann via phone ((605) 222-8674) or email (Randy.Hartmann@state.sd.us)
South Dakota VOAD Meetings and Confrence Call
South Dakota VOAD Meetings are helf quarterly on the third Thursday of the month. Members are encouraged to attend in person but may participate via confrence call. The phone number is (1-(800)-320-4330) with a pin number of (219-219).
- January Meeting is the annual business meeting held in Pierre, SD at the George S. Mickelson Criminal Justice Center, 1302 US-14, Pierre, SD 57501.
- April Meeting is generally located in Souix Falls, SD and is hosted by a SD VOAD member in that town.
- July Meeting is generally located in Rapid City, SD and is hosted by a SD VOAD member in that town.
- September Meeting is held wherever the Emergency Manager Confrence is beign held that year.